- Environmental Issues
- Grant Development/Review
- Technical Writing
- Community Outreach
- Practical Solutions
- Government Relations
Senior Law Clerk – Honorable Douglas A. Brady – U. S. Virgin Islands Superior Court of St. Croix (Full Time: January 2012-February 2013)
- Supported newly appointed Judge’s development of courtroom procedure, case management strategy (for docket of approximately 500 matters) trial practice techniques and judicial opinion writing.
Law Clerk – Honorable Julio A. Brady (deceased) – U. S. Virgin Islands Superior Court of St. Croix (Full Time: December 2011-January 2012)
- Assisted two-term trial judge in review, research and drafting of precedential opinions and orders of the Court.
- Reviewed and investigated civil and criminal complaints, analyzed discovery evidence, identified finding of facts, drafted preliminary decision papers and presented recommendations to the Honorable Judge.
Judicial Extern – Honorable Richard M. Berman – U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, New York, NY (Full Time: September 2008- December 2008)
- Diligently supported all aspects of day-to-day courtroom activities. Researched legal issues and authored bench memos, decisions, and orders of the court.
ENVIRONMENTAL LEGAL EXPERIENCE
Law Clerk – Center on Race, Poverty and the Environment, San Francisco, CA
(Unpaid Full Time: August 2009-August 2010)
- Supported senior attorneys with litigation matters involving waste, pesticide, climate and environmental justice campaigns.
- Applied strategic planning and management skills toward promoting bi-lingual community outreach programs.
- Conducted intake interviews, pre-discovery, discovery data mining, as well as evaluating climate change regulations including CEQA, AB-32, SB-375 on behalf of community organizations in Kettleman City, Ca.
Student Clinician – Environmental & Natural Resources Law Clinic, South Royalton, VT
(Part Time: January 2009- May 2009)
- Strategically planned and coordinated projects, including researching, negotiating, and drafting Clean Air Act petitions to present to state and local governments on behalf of clients.
- Served as an integral support member of the coal fired power plant litigation team.
- Authored and submitted tax incentive and funding proposals for statewide salvage yard legislation.
Urban Program Intern – Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC), New York, NY
(Full Time: May 2008- August 2008)
- Applied sharp legal acumen in assessing air pollution/solid waste issues and drinking water campaigns.
- Drafted informational and persuasive legal documents in preparation for environmental justice litigation.
Environmental Justice Intern – U.S. EPA Office of Research & Development, Environmental Justice, Region 8, Denver, CO (Full Time: May 2004- August 2004)
- Performed environmental networking with federal and tribal government liaisons. Generated Geographic Information System maps of Region 8 toxics inventory.
- Supported capacity building/training on lead contamination issues in low income communities.