Vermont Law School
Masters of Environmental Law and Policy
Vermont Law School
BA, Political Science
The City College of New York (CUNY)
- Environmental Issues
- Grant Development/Review
- Technical Writing
- Community Outreach
- Practical Solutions
- Government Relations
Vice President – Professional Development (Aug 2014 - Present)
DC Ecowomen Executive Board
- Manage annual budget for Professional Development Committee.
- Recruit, retain, and engage thought leaders for monthly salon—EcoHour.
- Interview Environmental though leaders at monthly salon and forum—EcoHour
- Develop, oversee and implement over twenty annual environmental education events.
- Develop external mentoring opportunities and programs
- Establish, design and develop Advisory Board program for senior environmental professionals.
- Mentor to junior board members.
Director – Board of Directors (June 2015 - Present)
Women’s Voices for the Earth
- Develop organizational theory of change and diversity statements.
- Develop organizational diversity statement.
- Engage partners, allies, and policy boosters in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia.
State Representative (Feb 2015 - Present)
Metropolitan Washington Council of Governments: Air & Climate Public Advisory Committee
- Advocate for the public interest in state level and federal comment processes.
- Review public and private strategies for energy and natural resource conservation, and climate resiliency opportunities.
- Advise regional elected officials in development of air quality plans and policies
- Facilitate dialogue among diverse interest groups, the community and the Metropolitan Washington Air Quality Committee (MWAQC)
- Advise MWAQC in development of air quality plans and policies
- Advise the Climate, Energy and Environment Policy Committee (CEEPC) in development of climate and energy related plans and policies
2015 Chesapeake Regional Fellow
Environmental Leadership Program
- Refinement of environmental leadership competencies including systems thinking, coalition building, and strengths based leadership modeling.
- Peer relationship building across environmental sectors in the Chesapeake Region.
Energy Communications Manager (March 2014 - April 2015)
Maryland Energy Administration
- Inter-agency liaison and public representative.
- Developed, coordinated, and implemented all media and energy communications strategies for state level executive agency.
- Led all outreach activities, developed public relations content using traditional and social media.
- Administered agency communications budget, negotiated contracts for services, procurement.
- Researched and authored energy program and policy briefings for the Office of the Governor.
- Supervised and mentored junior legislative and communications staff.
- Brokered, managed, and implemented MEA’s largest outreach effort to date --Artscape 2014, (Baltimore, Maryland) with over 400,000, attendees, featuring main stage naming rights and designated outreach stations during three (3) day event.
Assistant Community Liaison Worker/PAA (1999 - 2003)
NYC Department of Environmental Protection
- Drafted executive correspondence in the Bureau of Customer Services and Bureau Administrator.
- Developed materials for community outreach events.
- Analyzed customer service anomalies for water utility and state protection agency.
- Conducted usage data mining and complaint investigations for local and state government officials.
- Assistant to the Tax Lien Ombudswoman.
- Transferred from College Aide Summer Employee (1999) to Full Time, Civil Servant upon passage of statewide examination.
Senior Law Clerk – Honorable Douglas A. Brady
U. S. Virgin Islands Superior Court of St. Croix
January 2012 - February 2013
- Supported newly appointed Judge’s development of courtroom procedure, case management strategy (for docket of approximately 500 matters) trial practice techniques and judicial opinion writing.
Law Clerk – Honorable Julio A. Brady ( deceased )
U. S. Virgin Islands Superior Court of St. Croix
December 2011 - January 2012
- Assisted two-term trial judge in review, research and drafting of precedential opinions and orders of the Court.
- Reviewed and investigated civil and criminal complaints, analyzed discovery evidence, identified finding of facts, drafted preliminary decision papers and presented recommendations to the Honorable Judge.
Judicial Extern – Honorable Richard M. Berman
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, New York, NY
September 2008 - December 2008
- Diligently supported all aspects of day-to-day courtroom activities.
- Researched legal issues and authored bench memos, decisions, and orders of the court.
ENVIRONMENTAL LEGAL EXPERIENCE
Center on Race, Poverty and the Environment
San Francisco, CA
August 2009 - August 2010
- Supported senior attorneys with litigation matters involving waste, pesticide, climate and environmental justice campaigns.
- Applied strategic planning and management skills toward promoting bi-lingual community outreach programs.
- Conducted intake interviews, pre-discovery, discovery data mining, as well as evaluating climate change regulations including CEQA, AB-32, SB-375 on behalf of community organizations in Kettleman City, Ca.
Environmental & Natural Resources Law Clinic
South Royalton, VT
January 2009 - May 2009
- Strategically planned and coordinated projects, including researching, negotiating, and drafting Clean Air Act petitions to present to state and local governments on behalf of clients.
- Served as an integral support member of the coal fired power plant litigation team.
- Authored and submitted tax incentive and funding proposals for statewide salvage yard legislation.
Urban Program Intern
Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
New York, NY
May 2008 - August 2008
- Applied sharp legal acumen in assessing air pollution/solid waste issues and drinking water campaigns.
- Drafted informational and persuasive legal documents in preparation for environmental justice litigation.
Environmental Justice Intern
U.S. EPA Office of Research & Development, Environmental Justice, Region 8
May 2004 - August 2004
- Performed environmental networking with federal and tribal government liaisons. Generated Geographic Information System maps of Region 8 toxics inventory.
- Supported capacity building/training on lead contamination issues in low income communities.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIONS, MEMBERSHIPS & CIVIC ACTIVITIES
- Environmental Community Resource, Coalition of Environmental Justice Women of Prince Georges County, MD
- Research Advisory Panelist, Climate Consortium of Maryland: 2014-2015
- Judge, 2015 ABA SEER Law Student Writing Competition, American Bar Association, Environment, Energy and Resources Section
- Member, American Association of Blacks in Energy—Washington, DC
- Member, Washington Council of Lawyers—Washington, DC
- Volunteer, Advocate Committee, Out4Sustainability—San Francisco, CA
- Public Speaker, Blogger, Contributor
- Yoga enthusiast, modern art appreciator, and vegetarian foodie